IT IS DONE.
Yes, that's right. I finally completed that piece from last week. Don't ask me why it took so long. You wouldn't believe me if I told you. The important thing is that it's finished now.
I ended up doing it in layers (like an ogre) because that seemed like the easiest way of breaking it down. First I completed the man himself, then I plonked the foreground on top, drew all his little mates in behind him, and finally ended with the brick wall in the background. I find big pieces like this seem much more manageable when divided up like that.
Not sure what I'll add next to the portfolio, but I'm sure it won't be green. I'm quite sick of green.